This section features announcements pertaining to Foundation priorities and the organizations we support. Please click on the links to learn more.
- Kristi Kimball, an education philanthropy expert and advisor to numerous education funders, joined the Charles and Helen Schwab Foundation in October as its new Executive Director.
- Hawaiian teens are significantly less likely to try methamphetamine, even once, thanks to the Hawaii Meth Project which just released the results of its 2010 Users and Attitudes Survey and launched the third wave of its hard-hitting, nationally acclaimed multi-media campaign.
- The Iraq-Afghanistan Veterans of America launches a groundbreaking new jobs partnership with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to combat veteran unemployment.
- American Red Cross Contributes an Initial $10 Million to Assist Japan’s Earthquake and Tsunami Survivors
- Aspire Public Schools Outperforms Every Large School District in CA Serving Majority High-Poverty Students. Aspire Posts Record Achievement on CA’s API with Overall School Score of 824
- KIPP secures $10 million in matching funds for federal grant. The KIPP Foundation announced today that it has secured $10 million in matching funds for its recent federal Investing in Innovation (i3) grant.
- Schwab and Gates Foundations Collaborate to Apply Innovative Financing Model Supporting the Expansion of Aspire Public Schools.
- The Widget Effect, a study by The New Teacher Project, documents how treating teachers like "widgets" prevents schools from recognizing excellence, providing support, or removing ineffective teachers….
- The Center for the Prevention of Heart and Vascular Disease is established at The University of California at San Francisco (UCSF) ….